Water Damage Prevention for Commercial Buildings in Culver City and Baldwin Hills
The components of a commercial building envelope are as varied as its occupants and uses. Brick and glass, bitumen and composite panels, marble and stone, all can be used. And, all respond differently to the forces of wind, rain, snow, and ice. Ideally, the envelope ensures that the weather stays on the outside, where it belongs, and that the people and property inside are protected. One of the best ways to minimize a building’s risk of water damage is to develop, maintain, and follow a systematic Operations and Maintenance inspection routine that includes all elements of the building envelope.
Follow a Regular Inspection Routine
- Check all at-grade plumbing systems.
- Check all at-grade drainage systems.
- Test basement flood control and sump systems.
- Replace any leaking fittings or drains immediately, even if small.
- Does the irrigation system spray water against the foundation wall?
- Are roof drain outlets clear of debris?
- Are any water elements at-risk for vandalism?
- Do downspouts direct water away from the foundation?
- Investigate the source of any standing water.
About SERVPRO of Moorpark/Fillmore/Santa Paula
SERVPRO of Culver City/Baldwin Hills specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.